Below are the 5 most common reasons for not achieving your goals. I have used an Internet based business as an example, but you could easily apply the same obstacles to ANY business or life decision!
- You’ve read the books, taken the classes, and studied the websites. You’re on information overload, so you go into analysis paralysis. Which means you do nothing.
Solution: Pick one person to study and go with that model. One of the earliest success stories was Corey Rudl, and after he died, Derek Gehl took over. So if I were building an Internet business, I could choose him as my role model, and read his website, his e-zines, buy his products, and take his courses.
- Many people get lost after they decide to pursue a certain goal. Most goals are merely a progression from where you are to where you want to be. You need a clear plan from A to Z so there’s no guesswork.
Solution: Derek Gehl, for example, has a 30-step action plan that can keep you on course.
- We often are enthusiastic about achieving a certain goal, but fail to do our homework before embarking on the course.
Solution: Before you set out on your goal, figure out the amount of time you will need to put into this, the costs you will incur, and the resources you will need to obtain and use. For our particular goal of launching an internet business, these could include software for auto responders, shopping carts, and eBooks, a copywriter to write your sales page, and at least 2 hours a day to learn the specifics of online marketing.
- If you don’t have the mind-set and attitude of a winner, you have less chance of succeeding.
Solution: Find successful online marketers and study them. Talk to them. Listen to their language. Adopt the mind-set of success by thinking and speaking positively. Adopt the attitude of success by seeing obstacles as opportunities and setbacks as feedback.
- You may hit some roadblocks and get stuck, not knowing what to do next. On any journey, support and guidance are essential. On a road trip, it’s your map or GPS system. For an online business it’s experienced marketers.
Solution: find a mentor, coach, teacher, friend and joint venture partner, anyone who will hold your hand, guide you, and support you until you reach your goal. Then you can celebrate together!